New to ARLIS/NA or VRA? First time at the conference?
Make the most of opportunities to meet people, learn more about professional issues, solutions and emerging practices, and have a great time doing it.
The following sessions, workshops and social events are recommended for new art information professionals and those who want to emulate them.
- ArLiSNAP and VREPS Career Development Workshop
Discussions, demonstrations and brainstorming to help you take the next steps to building your career.
- ARLIS/NA Career Mentoring Program Workshop
The catalyst for the year-long mentoring program, pairing emerging and established leaders in the art library community.
- New Voices in the Profession
A glimpse of academic interests and current discourses through research presented by those newest to art librarianship or visual resources.
- First time attendees and new members reception
Your chance to discuss the future with VRA and ARLIS/NA leaders.
- Duty Now for the Future: Connecting Libraries, Library Schools, and New Librarians through Internships
This panel interrogates the role of internships in libraries today.
- Poster sessions: 40 chances to talk to someone about about a project or service that they’re passionate about.
- Most interest group, committee or section meetings are open to interested members. Drop in and learn how to make an impact in your professional association.